I am always a perfectly safe man to tell any dirt to as it goes in one ear and out of my mouth.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Parking
We are very lucky to have seen so many parking ideas in Malaysia. As for myself, I like to reverse-park because it is much easier to do so. You have your mirror at perfect angle to guide you and of course, blindspot mirror helps too. Different people may have different ways to reverse-park their car. Those that I know of:




1: You trust all the mirrors around your car so much that you rely fully on them. To use this method, you have to go through every single inch of the body of your car and memorise the number of curves your car has. One slight mistake can scratch your car. I have seen many on the back bumper of Toyota Harrier.

2: This is something like the foreman or the "tyre man" does. You turn your body almost 180 degrees to your left and reverse your car. I am in this category. You can actually reverse quite fast by using this way because you don't have to look at the left and right mirror. I would say that most 4Wheelers prefer this way due to the flat back of their car.

3. You see this during your JPJ test. You wind down the window and stick out your head to reverse-park. This is normally done by long-trailer driver because it is too long the vehicle length to look at the mirror. I do this too when I need to park extremely near to a drain. If the drain is on the left side of my car, I rely on blindspot mirror. There is another version of this reverse-parking method for short driver. They don't wind down their window. They open the car door!

4. Okay, okay. No offence on the last sentence of the above method ah. I think there is no more other method besides this method that I learnt today. You don't use any of the above methods but you can still manage to reverse-park your car properly! First, you position your car properly. Then, you start reversing and some cars may have their sensor beeping at the same time. I doubt the sensor works well all the time. So exclude the sensor in this story. You reverse without using the mirror, turning your body 180 degrees, wind down the window nor open the car door. You just sit inside dreaming of what you are dreaming of while the radio plays your favourite song. Suddenly you feel as if your car has climaxed and a soft "moan" could be heard. There you are and you drive forward a little bit just to leave some space between your car and the cement block or perhaps, a car!

Kennysia's ideas which you can use in Semenanjung.
 
posted by Abang Bobby at 4:42 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: