I am always a perfectly safe man to tell any dirt to as it goes in one ear and out of my mouth.
Friday, March 03, 2006
Tourism
It has always been Malaysia's dream to 'boost up' its tourism sector. Various steps have been taken to ensure that Malaysia is not left behind in this issue. Islands are being upgraded, beaches are being beautified, tourist spots are now user-friendly and disabled-friendly as well.


'Cuti-cuti Malaysia' is encouraging the local people to spend their holidays here. Of course it is cheaper and more economic compare to spending holidays in other countries. One good example is our neighbouring country, Singapore. RM2000 is equivalent to around $800!



I doubt Malaysia can achieve its dream without the 'rakyat' playing a role.

My recent trip to Pulau Ketam nearly 'choked' me when I was having my lunch in one of the seafood restaurant there. Before the food was being ordered, I asked for the price of a kilogram of crab. The answer given was RM30 which is quite okay in my opinion. Well I ordered.



While eating, a group of 10 foreigners entered the same restaurant. The 'choking' part was when they asked for the price of the crab. The waiter happily responded, "RM60 per kilogram, Sir."

I was stunt by the price! How can they do that when their standard price is just RM30? Just imagine the tourists go back to their home-country and voice out their dissatisfaction of the price of the food in Malaysia. Would their family and friends want to spend their holidays here? They would definitely think twice!

From what I see, the Government should make it a must for all restaurant owners to list their prices of food in their premises and take stern action against those who ignore.

 
posted by Abang Bobby at 11:29 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: